NORTHERN tech and digital start-ups raise investment.
We connect startups based in the North of England with our community of angel investors and mentors. We offer free investor-readiness coaching, facilitate introductions to specialist partners, and manage the investment process at no cost to startups.
Once an initial enquiry has been made, our team will support eligible start-ups by providing free investor-readiness coaching.
- Apply via our website. Submit your business details and investor pitch deck for review. Our team will contact you directly following your enquiry to give feedback or refer you if necessary.
- Coaching. Our team offer free coaching and support from our partners to help you get investor ready.
- Once you are investor ready, we will send over the necessary paperwork to get your business in front of our investor network, either via our monthly cohort email or bimonthly pitch event.
☆ Start-ups must be based in the North of England within any of the 11 areas of the Northern Powerhouse Region, or planning to relocate in the near future.
☆ Start-ups who seek investment must use technology as a core component of their business and present a viable business proposition.
☆ Start-ups are looking to raise Seed Level up to Series A funding (typically £100k – £1m)
☆ Start-ups can be pre-revenue, however your proposition will gain more interest if you can evidence sales.
Regional Angel Investment Accelerator Programme with Innovate UK
The Northern Angel Hub has launched as one of three Angel Investment Accelerator Pilot programmes, funded by Innovate UK.
In 2019, NorthInvest was awarded co-management of £1m fund from Innovate UK as part of this Accelerator Programme led by the North East Business and Innovation Centre (BIC) and Innovation SuperNetwork in partnership with the UK British Angels Association. This fund is to encourage Business Angels in the region to bring investment and expertise to pioneering innovative small and medium companies across the North East, Yorkshire and North West.
We are now accepting applications for this accelerator programme for innovative projects:
- With costs between £40k – £300k
- Last 12 months
- Based in the North East, Yorkshire, or North West of England.
Everyday People Profiles
Profile listings are not personal recommendations. All businesses are unique, our aim is to help you find the right support for you and your business.