I am an award-winning marketer and technology specialist based in the heart of York.
Due to my background as an entrepreneur and as a marketing leader in the tech sector, I have practical knowledge of developing and actioning scalable marketing strategies in both start-up and larger SME environments.
I believe that great marketing strategies ultimately come from combining insights into wider market trends and customer needs with business goals and innovative new ideas. Good marketers are ultimately business people who happen to have deep knowledge of the marketing tools that can be used to reach customers and articulate clearly why a product or service delivers value.
I Help Clients With:
- Marketing Strategy and Positioning – discovering, developing and deploying the narrative that will enable your brand/product/service to have a “unique leadership position” in the minds of customers. It’s about what makes you special, memorable, meaningful and working out that secret sauce that your competitors can’t replicate.
- Strategic Market Research – capturing and interpreting customer and market data to generate meaningful, actionable insights that your business can actually use.
- Marketing Performance and Reporting – Google Analytics and omni-channel analytics/reporting
- Content strategy and planning
- Marketing Automation – delivering campaigns and personalisation at scale through new technologies
- Aligning Sales and Marketing teams with clear strategy and combined goals
As a senior marketer with almost 10 years experience, I have been responsible for developing and implementing marketing and digital product strategies in highly competitive technology B2B and B2C environments.
I’ve taken on companies like Google and AWS through innovative positioning, customer-centric messaging and delivering campaigns with a test and learn mentality. At a strategic level, I’ve created marketing departments and teams from scratch, built out full go-to-market strategies and advised at a board level.
My first exposure to the power of marketing was back at university where I built and grew a semi popular blog, back in the days of Blogger.
Since then, I've been hooked. I love developing brands, building audiences and ultimately helping businesses grow.
My client-base ranges from international VC backed technology companies to newly-minted startups looking to accelerate growth.
I am often bought in to act as an interim or part time CMO, offering strategic level advice and support across the marketing mix.
Alongside my work, I enjoy contributing to my industry and wider community. I am a regular speaker about marketing and technology at international conferences, including GitLab Commit San Francisco 2020 and Brighton SEO 2020.
I work with some companies on a fixed price, project by project basis. This is where a clear brief or area of work can be agreed in advance by both parties. Some companies prefer to work with me on a retained basis to ensure they have a guaranteed number of hours of support month to month.
If you have any questions or any particular constraints around budget or project needs, don’t hesitate to get in touch and I’d be more than happy to have an open and honest conversation about what we can do. My general attitude in life is that there’s always a solution, even if we have to get a little bit creative in finding it.